It has been about a month since I updated my blog last. Fortuantely, my sister tagged me in a game of blog tag, so I have the perfect reason to update.
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?
I have had pets, but currently we are petless. I know my position that animals are fun, but don't merit status as family members, will be unpopular. But I came to this conclusion after our first dog died. We got another one and the new dog was just as good as the first dog. People, true family members, are not interchangeable.
2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
I would want all of my children to be happy and to be living the very best life that they possibly can.
3. What is the one thing most hated by you?
I hate spiders, snakes, and rodents. I know I have listed three things, but they all stand in equal low regard.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
First, I would pay my tithing. Then I would hire a really good financial planner and would spend the interest earned on world travel and a beach house in Malibu, which would be remarkably close to Santa Monica where Andrew lives. I would keep a pony for him so that we could have something really fun to do together. Of course, everyone else can come and visit me too.
5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
I think that the last time it took 2 1/2 pounds of Sees Chocolate.
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
I think loving someone is more blessed. You can't control other's love for you. You can usually get over it if you are not loved. But the very act of loving others fills my heart with joy!
7. What is your bedtime routine?
Family prayer, brush my teeth, check my email, check facebook, read blog updates, say my personal prayers, Watch Jimmy Kimmel until I fall asleep.
8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
The first time I met Bob I was laying on his bed kissing his toy moose. My friend Traci Kern and I were helping her boyfriend, Jeff Cline move into his apartment at the beginning of sophomore year at BYU. Now that I think back on it, I must have been really working hard if I was laying on Bob's bed. Bob walked in and fell in love. Well, maybe not love. But he must have been intrigued. I was pretty surprised a few days later to find him studying in the library the first week of school. He just didn't come off as the type of person who felt the need to study, so I was intrigued. You have to know what kind of a nerd I was to find studying to be a turn on. Bob turned up the heat by buying me a salad at the Cougar-eat. Our first date was to the movie My Bodyguard.
9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
I would watch Shawna Erickson put together a musical production. She always does the best work.
10. What kinds of books do you read?
I like many different genres of books. I go through phases. I think my weirdest phase was Russian tragedies. I loved The Hunger Games series. I love a good murder mystery. I love Steven King, but I keep a sharpie handy to edit out all of his foul language so that if anyone after me reads the book it has been cleaned up. The most recent book I read was The Life Of Pi. My main problem with reading is that I can't put a book down once I get started. To me a book is like a bag of chips. No matter the size I feel compelled to eat the whole bag at one sitting.
11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?
Still blond. I haven't seen any gray yet so I may be like my Grandma Stockam and never go gray.
12. What’s your fear?
Of course, I am afraid that another one of my children will die. I don't personally know of anyone with a worse record.
13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?
Not likely. Visiting outer space has never been on my must-see list.
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
Married and poor. Been there, done that, not too bad. There is always hope that finances will improve.
15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
I go out and get the paper and read it cover to cover and do the Sudoku.
16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
I already feed him garlic and onions to cut down on his appeal to any outside parties.
17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
When I was 13 I really wished my name was Gwen. I have gotten over it.
18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
I think that almost everything is forgivable with time, no matter how horrible, but darn it , I can't forget anything. Remembering helps me to be careful to protect myself and those I love.
19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
I think I would go for Greek food everyday because it is so garlicky and flavorful. I love that restaurant Little Greek at Campbell and Coit.
20. Who are you going to tag in this game?
I am tagging Caiti Leataua, Linda Fisher, and John Muir! Just cut and paste the questions and fill in your own answers. Caiti and John, you need to change question 8 to Describe your perfect first date. and question 16 to If you could change one thing about your mother what would it be?
Sugar Bear Fudge
3 months ago