Monday, August 4, 2008

NRH2O

Okay, in my last two posts you learned that I bought a jump party at the Spring Fling. That was not my only purchase. I also bought two passes to the water park NRH2O. This is a water park in North Richland Hills which is just north east of Fort Worth. I have always thought the name of this place was great marketing. The only catch on the tickets was that they had to be used Monday-Thursday. I took Joey last Wednsday, July 30. We were trying to go with Joe's friend Daniel, but Daniel had some intestinal problem so he could not go. Once again I got to be Joey's companion and mother. I will have to blog about this another time because this is pretty deep.

Back to the water park...There is a big problem in the Dallas Fort worth area right now at public pools and water parks. It is called Crypto. It is a terrible intestinal infection that causes severe diarhea for about ten days. We went anyway because I already paid for the tickets back in April. I am pretty sure my reasoning was faulty but, hey, both Joey and I would not suffer too much if we went on the crypto-diet and ended up loosing ten pounds, so we took the chance.

The first slide I went on was called the Black Falls. It was one of those black out slides, and there was no line to go on it! As I started going down the slide I realized why it may not be as popoular as the others. It started out with a extremely long, steep drop. I realized the problem right away. Let's just say that I renamed the ride the Black Falls Enima after I experienced it. As I was exiting the pool I realized I had also lost my sunglasses along with my dignity. I never went on that slide again. I kept thinking of the Crypto for the rest of the day and realized how at-risk I was now. Fortunately Joey and I escaped any illness and it has been five days now.

 


I lost Joey for about an hour at the park. He claimed that he had spent the hour loking for me, but I told him I did not believe it. After an hour of looking for him my bathing suit was completely dry and his bathing suit was wet and cool. Maybe he thought I was in the wave pool or in the splash house or on a slide, instead of sitting by the picnic cooler scanning endlessly for any sight of him.

 


Have you ever noticed that you can't get great pictures at a water park with a digital camera? I will have to remember to take a disposable water proof camera next year. I will also have to take a good look at any slide I decide to ride and if there is no line that will be my first clue.

By the way Daniel was only sick for about one and a half days so he did not have crypto. I also found my sunglasses at the end of the day. Then I found $20.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.