Thursday, December 18, 2008

John Is Making Me Fat

I wrote a post a few months ago about how I had been able to wear my tightest jeans with ease. I had attributed my weight loss to walking. Something happened yesterday that has made me rethink my conclusion.

I picked John up from the airport. He was so happy to get home. He has been gone for 6 months. We met Bob for lunch at Mercado Juarez. John has not had decent Mexican food the entire time in Maryland and he knew what he was hungry for good salsa, chips, enchiladas, rice and beans. We also stopped at Sams and Target. John asked if we had tortilla chips at home. Did we have filled pretzels? Did we have Skittles? Well, the list went on. The answer was always, "No, I am watching Joe's weight." It finally occurred to me that I was actually benefiting by keeping Joe on a diet of carrot sticks and hummus.

I know John has huge caloric requirements. I just hope the rest of us can resist temptation.

3 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Tell John welcome home! I hope you can all resist temptation while he is home!

Melanie said...

I'm coming over to snack with John, he has good taste! But what are filled pretzels?

Deanna said...

Joe has complained about the feast or famine diet. He says he has lost weight just because I have stopped buying all of the treats he likes so much. By the way, he wants to know if he can come over and hang out with John--pass the skittles and pretzels!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.