Saturday, August 15, 2009

Cold Water Tutorial at Saltar's Point

When we first got to Washington it was pretty hot so we decided to take the boys out to Steilacoom to enjoy the beach on the Puget Sound. When John and Joe first got in they were surprised that any body of water could be so cold without chunks of ice floating around in it.



They were about to give up on the swim. But you know, John is a tough Navy guy. He was not going to let the water win without a battle.



But no matter how brave a guy is, he has to get past a certain threshold that keeps a lot of guys out of really cold water.



Once in the water John decided to lead Joe in a workout with team sit-ups.



No workout would be complete without proper push-ups.



After their refreshing swim we watched the trains go by and put pennies on the track for the train to smash the next time it went by. We also picked some delicious blackberries.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

It does take a lot of bravery to get in really cold water. This must have been at the first of your camping trip, I don't see John's beard.

Bonnie said...

You are right. I have not even started the posts on the camping trip. I am just going to post one or two days of vacation pictures everyday. I could only get spotty internet coverage out in Washington and any signal I got was too weak to upload pictures. What is it with almost anyone I am related to only having a dang dial up connection? Keep posted for the beard contest.

Megan said...

I like how someone is cooling pop in the water. It must be cold. Joey looks the same as he did in the Chicago fountain.

Fisher Family said...

It looked cold! You've got some brave boys there. It sounded like a fun day though!

Anonymous said...

The water was actually pretty warm. We were just pretending it was cold. Tricked you!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.