Thursday, June 26, 2008

Anchors Away

Tonight my good friends, the Alfords, hosted a going away party for John. We are leaving tommorrow so this is John's last night in Dallas. All of the Youth from the church who like John came, so about half of the kids showed up. Suspicously absent was the girl John dated last year. Amazing how that happens. Bob and I warned him against fishing off the ward pier last year but I guess he had to learn that little lesson for himself.

The food was great, all of the hotdogs and chips you could eat! Then Angie brought out a wonderful cake that she had decorated. John the skinny boy has decided that he really likes cake. He found out that the Naval Acadedmy cafeteria serves cake at every meal so he is pretty happy. I just hope he does not lose weight during Plebe Summer. While everyone was enjoying cake I fired up our karaoke machine. I sang one or two songs just to give the kids the confidence that if Sister Muir could do it then so could they. I just love Karaoke. The hit song was Bohemian Rhapsody. I could not find my signature song or I would have dragged Angie and any other girl up there to sing I Will Survive. I would have liked to sing Dr. Hooks Sharing the Night Together but I didn't want the kids going home and reporting to thier moms and dads about the totally innappropriate song Sister Muir sang. I have to save that song for family parties because who are my kids going to tell?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I wish I could have been there to sing with you. Good luck John! Marty will be making and sending the eagle ring soon.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.