Monday, June 23, 2008

Feast or Famine

I'm going to jump right into the deep end! I have never had a blog but I enjoy keeping up with my daughter Megan's Muir Coincidence on blogspot and I can see the potential to keep up with all of the friends that I have a hard time keeping up with. I have always been hesitant to send the family holiday letter. I love reading other families' letters but when I start writing, the great things that happen sound like bragging and, well, the bad things, though juicy and interesting, are just too painful for me to share in a Christmas Card.

I am going to have to learn to put pictures. My technical skills are primitive so please be patient with my attempts.

About the name Feast or Famine, several years ago my sister Deanna and I decided to go on a diet the day after Thanksgiving and ending the day after New Years Day. We ate very sparingly all of the time except when we were going to a party and then we were allowed to have a small feast. The diet was very effective not because it was the best nutritional plan around but because instead of gaining 10 pounds over the holidays I actually lost five pounds so that means that I had a real weight loss of 15 pounds. Now that is creative math!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Your blog and Meagan's blog inspire me! I will be starting my own blog as soon as I figure it out. Wish me luck!
Deanna

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.