Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lost and Found

For the last few days I have been on a hunt for some missing receipts. I have been the hospitality chairman in the Spring Creek Elementary PTA. I buy and serve all of the goodies at PTA functions. A few weeks ago I was separating out all of my cub scout receipts from my PTA receipts. I submitted my cub receipts and I was waiting until I completed the New Principle Coffee to submit all of my receipts since January. I had several hundred dollars outstanding. When I got finished with cub camp I was ready to submit the reimbursement form, but I could not find the receipts anywhere! I looked and looked. I kept having a vision of putting them in a ziplock bag and in a purse. I cleaned and searched and still could not find them. I prayed and tried to live a good life so God would bless me with finding them. I finally gave up. I went to Costco and Sams and asked them to print me all of my purchases since January. Sams said no problem but Costco told me that I would have to go to corporate and they would not even guarantee success there. I decided to look through a sack of receipts that I had gathered together which were not reimbursable, just regular receipts that I was planning to throw away soon. I was going to try to rebuild as much as I could. I was trying to see if I had overlooked any reimbursable receipts. I found one, then another, then the whole wad of PTA receipts emerged, without a ziplock but glorious nonetheless. I guess all of that righteous living payed off.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I am so glad that you found your receipts! It is funny how you have a vivid memory of putting something somewhere, but when you find it, it was not where your memory thought.

Bonnie said...

i hit the taget on the first day of archery on the 2nd day i hit the bulls eye 3 times.



MOM LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR NON LIAR SON,
JOEY

Sherry said...

Oh, Bonnie -- how I've missed you -- your wisdom and humor. This will be a great way to keep up with you and your family. Greeting to Bob. -Sherry in Anchorage

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.