Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bad News For the Target Crowd

I went to Target to try to find a flag pin for my Sarah Palin costume today. Fortunately, I have a red suit left from my Relief Society President days. I stopped at the snack bar to get a pretzel combo. I was going to drink the diet coke and I was getting Joe the pretzel for his after school snack. The saleslady rang it up and said, "$2.71, please." "There has to be a mistake. The reader board says that the cost is $2.00." She tried to convince me that the difference was sales tax. I told her there was no way sales tax was that high. Then she confessed that the price had just gone up that day to $2.50 and that the board had not been changed yet to reflect the increased price. Somehow she was able to over come the system and charge me $2.17, including tax. But here is the problem. The cost on all of the $2.00 combos at Target are going up to $2.50! So if you want to get your combos for $2.00 you had better run in before they change up the boards, and bring a calculator to prove their math is wrong. And all of this had to happen just when Chris had come around to really enjoying Target.

Just in case you were wondering, I couldn't find a flag pin at Target. I wonder if they will be able to survive the bad economy with two red flags in one day.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

That's too bad about the combos at Target. Maybe we could complain throughout the country and see if they will lower their price.

For your flag pin, you can always make one out of a safety pin, thread and seed beads.

Fisher Family said...

Too bad about the Target combos. We were there today too trying to find Annie a tie dye T shirt for her hippie costume. No luck. You will make a very cute Sarah Palin with or with out a flag pin.

Megan said...

Oh no! Chris will have to work an extra hour each weak in order to afford his target treat.

Debbie P. said...

I'm waiting for a Palin photo of you since I missed coming for a snow cone last night.

Megan looks a lot like you.

I'm enjoying your blog.
Debbie

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.