Friday, November 21, 2008

Cilantro Secrets Revealed and Love is Still the Same in the 5th Grade

 

I had complained about my anemic cilantro over a month ago and just look at what happened. I can't take credit for this. Evidently, cilantro likes a cool climate. It is healthy and robust and I really enjoy using it in cooking and salads.

 

My Italian parsley did well in the heat but it is doing even better in cooler weather.

 

The Purple basil likes the heat and cooler weather too. My regular Italian basil and lemon basil are now looking sickly and are going to seed.

 
Posted by Picasa

I met Joe and Daniel at school today for the annual Thanksgiving Feast. I was totally entertained by the antics of fifth graders. Alexis was trying to sit by Dillon but about 3 or 4 minutes after she sat next to him he would switch tables. She would wait about 45 seconds so she wouldn't give herself away and then she would go to his new table. Then three other fifth grade girls would follow her, until he switched tables again. This went on for about 40 minutes.


This is a picture of Joe with Alexis in line waiting to get their trays. Joe and Daniel happily informed me that they and Paul are the only boys Alexis does not have a crush on in the forth and fifth grades. I was having a great time and wished Bob was there to enjoy the dinner and show. I decided to buy him a tray of Spring Creek's finest cuisine and heat it up for him in the microwave for dinner tonight. I am even going to give him my extra milk. Now that is love. I know how to catch a man.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Who needs to cook a big Thanksgiving meal when you can just go across the street and get a feast?
I passed up the Thanksgiving meal at school today. Your meal looked much better than the meal my school offered.

Megan said...

Dad is a lucky guy! That will probably be a better thanksgiving dinner than I will prepare for Chris. Maybe I should send him to the local elementary school.

Fisher Family said...

Your garden looks great! Glad your cilantro came around. Oh to be in 5th grade again. I think we all would have enjoyed the "show". My family all loved Spring Creek BBQ! So did the missionaries! We all would have loved the meal Bob got!

Fisher Family said...

I just realized Spring Creek is the name of Joe's school! It still looked pretty good.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.