Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cold, Hungry, Blind and Mean

If you are in a good mood, immediately close this post.  I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning because I have a bunch of complaints. 

The Answer is Blowin from my Neighbor's Yard and Gutters

Isn't it amazing that when my neighbors hire a bunch of Mexican illegals to do their lawn that all of the sudden I have twice the leaves at my house?  And what happens to all of the leaves that the school grounds crew blows away from the school?  I am sick of being the repository for all of the neighbor's leaves.  Here is the deal.  Leaves don't dissapear when the blower blows them away.  If you are so intent on getting the leaves out of your yard then bag them or blow them into the storm drain and let the city deal with them.

I am Tired of Wearing a Woolen Burka to Church

When I woke up this morning I was depressed and hurting a little in anticipation at what church was going to hold today.  I do not know why the church keeps the temp set between 55 to 63 degrees.  It is flippin' freezing.  I have to wear layers and keep my knee length winter coat on the whole time, along with keeping a blanket around my legs.  I have thought of how funny it would be if I came to church naked under my coat because I have had to wear it to church every Sunday for at least 5 years.  I don't think anyone has ever seen any dress that I own.  I would do it too, but, did I mention how cold it is and how I have to wear multiple layers under my coat to aleviate the hypothermia that I experience every Sunday.  Some may think that the church is just trying to conserve energy.  I don't think so.  The summer temps inside the church are just the same.  The only redeeming quality about summer is that I can go outside and sit in the car with the windows rolled up for 5 minutes in the Texas summer to warm up.  Fast Sundays are the worst.  You don't really realize how food helps to keep you warm except for when you are sitting there freezing and starving at the same time on Fast Sunday.

They Can Put a Man on the Moon...

I hate the attittude of Optomitrists.  I have been to several trying to get optical correction so that I can see up close and far away.  With out fail the doctor says, "You are going to have to sacrifice some of your distance vision if you want up-close correction."  Okay,  What the heck?  That is like saying, "You are going to have to lose your thumb if you want to use your fingers."  Why can't they develop the technology to correct up close vision with out sacrificing my ability to read road signs.  On top of this, the correction gives me headaches.  So I have to have headaches and blurred vision in order to avoid wearing reading glasses?  I am also annoyed by the fact that they hand me contacts that are deficient and tell me that I might get used to them.  Yeah, right.  If they don't work in the doctor's office, how is time going to improve my blurry vision.  Am I going to say, "You know, I really don't care if I cant see very well,"  after running into things for a week.  Again I ask the question, What the heck?  They can put a man on the moon.  We can see individual rocks on the planet Mars.  Why can't I get contacts that do not require a sacrifice

I could continue complaining, but then I would have to name names and embarrass family members.  So I will end for now.  I will probably be more patient tomorrow or maybe later today after I eat a good meal.  If I were anyone else I might avoid me for a little while.

5 comments:

Megan said...

When we lived in LA for the summer, the air condition was broken the entire time. While most people complained, I thought it was great that I could actually wear cute outfits without a coat or sweater covering them up.
I think that you should start paying Joe to find creative ways to put all of the leaves in Anitas yard. He could earn his I-pod a bit quicker.

Bonnie said...

Yes, I could have him hide tubes down the sides of his pants, then fill tubes with leaves. When he goes in front of her house he could open a vavle to release the leaves. He will only have to do this 5000 time to replace all of the leaves Anita has blown into my yard in a matter of 5 minutes by her crew of illegals.

Fisher Family said...

I hear your pain in all the complaints you have and have often felt the same way. The only time I have not frozen at church was last summer when it took them two weeks to fix the air conditioning. I had two Sundays that were comfortable in Sacrament meeting.

Karen S. said...

I was always freezing in that building. I guess that what happens when the temperature is controlled by Salt Lake. However, down here is is sooo hot. They have problems with mold growing because the don't keep the air conditioning going enough to keep the humidity out!
I hate leaf blowers. period.
I used to be an ophthalmic assistant so I have to agree with the optometrist, sorry. I can give you a good recommendation for that area though.

Deanna said...

Do you think that if the women organized a strike with a picket line and signs on a particular Sunday that it would be bad?

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.