Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break 2010

I have been back from Utah for over a week now.  If I wait until I get everything done before I write about this trip I might have to wait until after Christmas.  First, I want to thank Deanna and her family for allowing us to crash at their house for the week.  We had a great time.

The week started with Joe Caringella's Eagle court of honor. We are so proud of Joe.  Everyone in the family pitched in and it was a fun and enjoyable evening.


Our Joe  is in 6th grade and we were able to get him a Utah 6th Grade Ski Pass.  We went to a different resort everyday.  What a week!

Monday, Brighton


Joe, John, Bob, and me.


Joe Caringella and Deanna.

Tuesday, Alta



Joe and I prepare for the day.



Bob and Bonnie. 



Joe treats Flat Stanley to lunch.



We just couldn't get too many pictures of Flat Stanley.

John, our Alta-holic.  We were all tempted to get the Alta-holic t-shirt but no one wanted to spend the $20. Alta is nice for skiers because there are no snowboards.

On Tuesday we stopped to see the Fishers.  I was struck by how tall Joe was compared to Alise.  This was funny to me because when Alise was living in Dallas Joe as a preschooler or a kindergartener.

Wedensday, Solitude 



We just kept having gorgeous weather. 



We thought about doing Honeycomb Canyon but decided we did not want to take the chance of Joe freaking out half way through.



But Joe took Flat Stanley on the other side of the double black diamond ropes.

Thursday, Sundance



John borrowed Joe's aviators for the Top Gun picture.


We never tried Bishop's Bowl.  It looked like an icey mogul field to me.  Joe did a face plant at Sundance and ended up with a really deep rasberry scratch on his chin.  We had to go to ski patrol for a bandaid.  While at Sundace we met up with the Poulsens and Ryan Thorsen.

Friday, The Canyons


Deanna was able to come with us!  We really liked the Canyons.  Deanna fell out of love with the place when she forgot to clamp a boot and ended up taking a hard fall on Another World.  We think she bruised her tail bone. 



We would cross paths with John occasionally while we were skiing, but I have to admit he likes to ski the double black diamonds and I have no desire to kill myself.  Joe has no desire to be taunted about snowplowing down a mogul field, and though Bob has the skills to keep up with John, he lacks the stamina, or, as he puts it, "John needs to ski with people who have fresh legs." 



It was pretty cold on Friday.  We had to wear extra layers and goggles because we got quite a bit of snow.  All in all it was a good week.  My knee that I twisted at Alta has healed and I am not limping anymore, nor am I taking 5 ibuprofin every 4 hours, and I was able to take off the knee brace on Sunday.

In N Out


One more picture of Flat Stanley with Joe, Joe, and John.  We love In N Out Burger and went there several times while we were in Utah.  We also went to Cafe Rio a few times during the week.  We also stocked up on See's candy.  Unfortunatley, it was all consumed before Easter.  Now if we can only get In N Out in Dallas...

4 comments:

Deanna said...

We had lots of fun and can't wait until you guys come back next year. I am glad your knee is feeling better!

Fisher Family said...

So glad you had such a great trip. It was really fun seeing your family! I love your new background on your blog!

Megan said...

What a fun trip. I like your ski coats. I am jealous of your trips to In N Out burger and Cafe Rio.

Melanie said...

Looks like a fun trip!!!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.