Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why Joe Missed the TAKS Test But Won't Miss the Bathroom Again

Last night Joe got sick.  I wasn't in the room the first few times it happened but I think I found something similar to what went on last night on Youtube.  Click to see what happened.  The only differences were that Joe isn't a girl, he was the only one in his room, and he had teriyaki chicken and rice instead of pea soup.

Joe is 11, almost twelve.  I figure that he is old enough to get to the bathroom.  How can I always make it to the bathroom?  It is because I have to clean it up if I don't.  And that is the key.  Joe could learn that lesson today.  It was a nasty job because there was puke spilled all over the room.  We ended up doing 4 loads of laundry, wiping down the shoes, wiping down walls, swabbing up floors.  The entire time Joe was complaining of a headache.  I had to try really hard not to add my breakfast to the mess.  We ended up lysoling the room down.  We talked about strategies of how to make it the bathroom, even if this takes you by surprise. 

He was very distraught about missing the TAKS test today.  I found out that he can take it tomorrow.  He spent the day watching Arthur, watching DVD's and reading Huck Finn.  He drank gatorade and has had soup today and is feeling better.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I hope he is feeling better! I hate throwing up. I remember my mom would tell us we had to clean it up if we didn't make it to the bathroom. I always tried to make it. Sometimes I even woke up in the bathroom. I never want to clean up puke.

Deanna said...

Poor Joe, I hope he feels better! I do hate to clean up puke--Rachael is right! Hope both of you do better tomorrow!

Fisher Family said...

Glad Joe is feeling better. I think throwing up is the worst kind of sick. I hope The TAKS testing goes well for him. That video was really gross!

Megan said...

I am sure that Joe learned his lesson.

Melanie said...

That's gross! I'm glad it didn't last too long, for your sake and for Joe's!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.