Tuesday, January 20, 2009

O'Bummer of a day

Today I watched Obama's inauguration then headed out to do errands for the Pinewood derby to be held tomorrow night. While out, I realized that my phone wouldn't work because the battery was dead because I plugged it into the charger last night but forgot to plug the charger into the wall.

Thus incapacitated, but nonetheless hungry, I stopped at Krispy Kreme for my free inaugural donut. While trying to get back on the freeway I realized that I was about to run out of gas. I got off on the first available exit and ran out of gas in the middle of a bridge at an intersection. I tried pushing the car out of the intersection but I guess I am not very strong. Fortunately, two of the three Nephites came and pushed my car while I steered to a semi-safe spot. I walked four or five blocks and found a gas station. I bought a gas can for $10 and a gallon of gas. I might have called a friend or Bob, but remember, my phone was out of juice too. As I was walking back to my car I had a distinct memory that the candidate Barrack Obama was really concerned about keeping gas in the cars of middle-class Americans. Where was he today when I needed his help? He was in DC enjoying a parade and a ball while I struggled by running out of gas while getting a free donut in his honor on his his big day. It seems President Obamma could not even let one day pass before going back on his campaign promises.

3 comments:

Fisher Family said...

I'm so sorry, you really did have a bummer of a day!

Deanna said...

What a bummer! This does explain why you didn't answer your phone. Hope you have a better day!

Megan said...

All that plebe summer preparation and you still could not push your car out of the intersection? Too bad Obama was not there to help.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.