Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ogodma

I got my first taste of Obama's diefication about a year ago. I was at Sams and a nerdy 11 year old was begging his mom for a Rock Band game. "No, I am not buying you one more thing. You have enough stuff!" This was when the kid started crying because he really felt a strong need to get this game, "Mom, Please!, Mom, Please!" I can never keep my nose in my own business, so I interjected, "Hey, your Mom doesn't have to buy it for you. You can save up your birthday money. You can do chores. It might take you 6 months but you can pay for it yourself." His mother looked like a light had just gone on, "That is exactly what Barrack Obama would do!"

I can't speak for the young Obama. He was living the riotous life in Hawaii. I just know that Joe had saved up for about 7 or 8months so he could buy his Wii. I was trying to tell her that it wasn't Barrack, but Joe Muir who had saved and worked and saved some more until he finally had enough. She wasn't listening. Obama got the credit for Joe's efforts.

So has anyone else noticed that Obama gets credit for the sun that shines and the water that flows down the rivers to the sea? Just a few days ago I heard a reporter doing a piece on Air Force One as if Obama had just created this magic traveling machine. Haven't all of the presidents been riding Air Force One for at least the past 50 years. If you haven't noticed, then just pay attention for a few days and this practice by the gaga-fied press may annoy you as much as it annoys me.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I have also noticed how the media is doting on Obama. It is driving me crazy. Everything he does seems to be a historic first.

Fisher Family said...

I agree with you everyone is giving him credit for everything! Why does the media love him so much?

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.