Monday, May 25, 2009

100th Post A Memorable Memorial Day

Yeah, Happy 100th post! I have been blogging for a little under a year.


Today is Memorial Day and we celebrated the occasion by attending our neighborhood parade. Here is a picture of Erin and Paul Thorsen carrying the Memorial Day Parade banner followed by some other Thorsen family members.



Miss Teen Dallas



Hula Kids. I never saw them doing the hula. Maybe this was just an excuse to wear tropical clothes and look really cute in the parade.


This is me, next year's PTA president and the current Spring Creek PTA president , Cathleen Hill. We were pretty popular, especially when we were throwing candy!



We were protected by Imperial storm troopers and an Imperial pilot. I think I remember Darth Vader being there but his asthma must have kicked in because by the time Bob took pictures on the parade route he was no where to be found.



RHS Cheerleaders and the band.



Pete Sessions, our congressman. He didn't stay and make a speech today.



Cub scouts.



Veteran's float.



Boy Scouts

After the parade we went to the school for the hot dog feast, bounce houses, face painting, police helicopter landing, DJ, sodas, water, and slushees. It is a really fun neighborhood party.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I wish my Memorial Day was as fun as yours!

Fisher Family said...

What a fun day! Congrats on PTA president, that will keep you busy!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.