Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Month of Pictures

May has been a really busy month and I have not taken time to post our amazing pictures. To start this post you have to remember that Bob and I went to the DC area for a conference for Bob. We went a few days early to celebrate our 28th anniversary.


We went to Annapolis and hung out with our favorite midshipman, John. I told him I would take him anywhere he wanted for lunch the first day. I was hoping this wasn't going to cost us too much. I was surprised when he said he wanted to go to Burger King.


We hung out with John but eventually he had to go school and Bob had to go to his conference and there I was alone. I decided not to sit in the hotel room enjoying cable. I had never been to the Jefferson Memorial because it is just kind of out of the way. With no one to slow me down and a rental car at my disposal I finally visited his monument. I never really thought about Jefferson too much. I remember studying him in history but I was pretty young at the time. I was struck by the fact that I disagreed with almost all of his economic and foriegn policies.




I took a picture of one of the famous cherry trees. I was about 3 weeks too late for the Cherry Blossom Festival.


Everytime I go to our nation's Capital I am struck by how poorly maintained the grounds are at the mall and around the monuments. I took this picture to show how well the National Park Service is taking care of the grounds. Three words Weed and Feed. Okay, a sprinkler system would also help.



I was surprised a few weeks ago when John called and told me he had bought a ticket home for a three day break from school. We were really happy to see him. He got to help serve at the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon at Spring Creek Elementary because that is what I was doing. John was a really big hit. Some kids asked him for his autogragh. Others told their teachers that they did not need to sit down and keep quiet because they were in the presense of a Navy Seal.

We took John to our new favorite BBQ place Hard 8 BBQ. Evidently John liked it as much as Joe.


We each took a turn giving John as much love as we could before we sent him back for Sea Trials and Herndon.




We found this picture on line of John. He is jogging with his company after finishing 18 hours of grueling physical challenges known as Sea Trials. He told me that he just threw his tee shirt away. He knew that it would never come clean after the Wet and Sandy challenge.



On May 20th Joe and his friends got their Arrow of light awards! It is always cool to have the indians from the Order of the Arrow. They did a great job this year.


3 comments:

Megan said...

Very cute pictures. Congratulations on being done with cub scouting forever!

Deanna said...

Sounds like a busy month! I bet everyone has a hard time keeping up with you.

Fisher Family said...

What fun pictures! You've been busy! Glad John was able to visit and it looks like you had a really great trip!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.