Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Beat Me Up, Scottie

 


I took this picture of Joe holding our new antenna and told him that I was debating on titling this post Beam Me up Scottie or Earth to Starship Enterprise. His comment was, "Why do you want Scottie to beat you up?" Hence the title. Joe is a Star Wars nerd not a Trekkie.

Well, it doesn't matter, Star Wars or Star Trek, with this antenna we should be able to contact the mother-ship. We started out with smaller antennas for the digital transition but we could never get a great signal and we could never get channel 8, the ABC channel, which is the only channel I watch regularly, if you could call 16 episodes a year of Lost regular. So we tried increasingly larger and larger sizes until we picked up this monstrosity. So much for buying one of those cute little inconspicuous digital antennas. So now I know that we truly are the only people in our neighborhood who refuse to pay for cable or dish. If there were any others like us we would surely know because they certainly could not hide it.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

That is quite the antennae. One good thing about Lost not coming on again until September is that you will have plenty of time to get your antennae adjusted just right.

Fisher Family said...

That is one big antennae! Hope it gives you great reception!

Caitlyn Leilani said...

I went to the Antennae's wedding the other day! The wedding was okay, but the reception was great!

You can thank my dad for that great joke! :)

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.