Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Swim Until You Puke

Joe joined the Cottonwood Park swim team yesterday. When I picked him up after his hour long practice he told me he didn't think he should make it the next day. He told me that he threw up, that his head hurt and that he was exhausted. You know you have had a strenuous workout if you puke! I told him that I thought the problem was that he was hungry. No, it was more than that. I got him a chicken leg and a taco and some mashed potatoes. He ate this and had some water. Amazingly, he felt immediately better. We analyzed his breakfast that day and the deficit was pretty evident to see. Cocoa puffs and milk. This morning we did a better job. He had an english muffin, an egg and a little canadian bacon.

When I picked him up today he was feeling great! He did more laps and he is learning better technique. I think the next time he pukes after a work out will be when he is practicing water-polo in 9th grade.

1 comment:

Fisher Family said...

Have fun swiming Joe! Glad you figured out how to do the work out with out being sick.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.