Thursday, June 4, 2009

Richardson Senior Prank 2009 and the 6th Grade Walk

My friend Anndi told me about the Senior Prank this year. The last day of classes, before finals the seniors at RHS threw an early morning Hayride and Tex-Western Party in the parking lot for all of the underclass mates. They decorated the parking lot with hay bails. They barbecued hot dogs and had country music blaring. I heard the Seniors got to the parking lot at about 3:00 AM to get the whole party set up. The best part of this prank is that no one got arrested. I love the idea of a surprise party on the part of the seniors. Great job class of 2009!

I went to Spring Creek this morning to do a little PTA work. While there the 6th grade had their final walk to school. They met at one of the sixth graders homes and walked to school and entered into the first grade doors. All of the students lined the halls and clapped and cheered and high 5'ved the big kids. The walk ended at the 6th grade class doors with the 6th graders chanting cheers for themselves in preparation for the 6th grade-faculty volleyball game. Good luck faculty. You are going to need it.

5 comments:

Fisher Family said...

What fun traditions you have there! It all sounded fun! Did the kids win the game?

Bonnie said...

I heard the the teachers won two games and that the 6th grade won two games. The teachers were pretty geared up. They even made tee shirts and gave themselves nicknames.

Melanie said...

Okay seriously. We did NOT do cool stuff like this when I was in 6th grade OR in high school. I got gypped. I want to put Zoe in the Richardson schools now. :)

Bonnie said...

I know what you mean Melanie! The kids have so much fun and do really good and great things. I really have been happy with RISD. I am sure there is a spot for Zoe here. I know the Snows are going to be selling their house.

Megan said...

I wonder which Mormon kid thought of that Senior prank...

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.