Saturday, January 23, 2010

Satanic Lie

Last night I was watching the news and saw a report on Sarah Palin's daughter, Bristol.  She is the one who had a child out of wedlock.  Now she is big news because she has taken a vow of chastity.  I really do not know this girl's heart, but I am amazed by the reaction to her new direction.  I think Oprah said something like, "Why are you setting yourself up for failure?"  Her former boyfriend has also opined that she is incapable of this goal.

I think it is a Satanic lie that people can't repent and change.  The lie is designed to keep us down and to keep us mired in sin.  I think that this is the way the world reacts to those who want to turn from their human failings and strive toward righteousness.  If this girl wants to change and try to be virtuous, we should all be encouraging her to do so, even if she fails several times at her attempts.  Jesus always told people that they could change, that they did not have to be slaves to their past mistakes or problems, that they could choose a better way, and that there was always hope.  I truely believe this. 

No, I am not a Sarah Palin fan.  I wish she would keep her nose out of Texas politics.  Her very endorsement of Rick Perry makes my vow to vote for Kay Bailey Hutchison even stronger.  Hello People!  Gov Perry was the knucklehead who suggested that Texas cede from the Union.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I had not heard this story yet. Thanks for the insight.

Fisher Family said...

I absolutely agree with you! Our church teaches repentance. Thats what our lives here are about. Changing and doing better.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.