Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Best Cookie I Have Ever Eaten

Yesterday I got in a mood to bake. It is July in Texas so I must be experiencing some sort of chemical imbalance. The last time I got in this mood I had decided to make the Pillsbury Bakeoff recipe grand prize winning Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies. I got out of the mood before I got around to making the cookie. But yesturday I actually carried through with it.

After studying the recipe I knew I needed to make some important changes. I added an ounce of melted unsweetened Bakers chocolate to the peanut butter/ powdered sugar portion of the recipe. I also made my own peanut cookie recipe up instead of buying the reccommended slice and bake. Other than that I followed the recipe. This is honestly the best cookie I have ever eaten. It is a cross between peanut butter criss cross cookies, snickerdoodles, and chocolate chip cookies. Just look up the real recipe on a search engine. There are multiple steps in this recipe but the end product is worth it. You can find the recipe at

www.pillsbury.com/recipe/showrecipe.aspx?rid=44842

I am about to send some to John in his package. I hope he can taste the secret ingredient of love.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Hey Bonnie,
I would love to have the recipe you used for the peanut butter cookie dough when you get a chance to type it out. I would hate to mess up a great recipe.
Thanks,
Deanna

Chris said...

why does john get cookie packages and not me?

You never sent me any cookies when I was a freshman in college. And you never sent me any cookies when I was on my mission. And now this. My education on reason in law school has taught me that the only answer to this question is that you do not like me.

Bonnie said...

Hey Chris, I did not even meet you until you started dating my daughter. This was long after your freshman year and after your mission. I want you to know that I called Megan and simplified the recipe so that even she could make you some this weekend. Don't tell her I told you. You know I think you are the best son-in-law I will ever have.

nitwhitz said...

SURELY as good a friend as I deserves at least a TASTE of such a stupendous cookie! And...you don't even have to mail mine...in fact, I'll come and pick it up! :) Laurie (again)

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.