Monday, July 14, 2008

Fourth of July Fun

I looked at a map of the area around Annapolis and decided back in May that we would drive across the bridge and through a Chesapeake Peninsula for a charming drive to The Virginia Beach area. If anyone is ever contemplating this drive, just say no and take the freeway. We went through little town after little town and speed trap after speed trap. Also, the per capita number of police in Virginia has got to be crazy. We honestly saw a police car every five miles or less through the entire state. We went to Hampton Roads and spent July 4th at Buckroe Beach. We stayed at The Embassy Suites. It was one of the nicest I've been to. Joey was a popular boy at the beach because he had two boogie boards. It was no surprise that he had several new best friends tagging along the whole day.


 


I must be crazy to post a picture of myself in a bathing suit so I ask you not to zoom in too closely. I put sunscreen everywhere except for my legs because they really needed some sun. As my good friend Laurie Whitworth says, "Brown fat looks better than white fat." So I ended up burning my thighs to the point that I have peeled four times from the same burn. There is not much skin left and what is left is dry and crinkly despite bloating the area with lotion.


 


Bob stayed in the shade and put on massive amounts of sunscreen. He has just never appreciated the virtue of a good peel.


 


On July 5th we stopped at Jamestown before we headed back to Dallas. I remember learning about Jamestown when I was in fifth grade and really wanting to see it. We went to the historic Jamestown which was the actual historic site. The man standing near Joey was an actor portraying John Rolfe, an English settler who married Pocahontas.


 



Joey was getting tired of being the sole subject of all of our pictures by this point. I loved the visit and had a great time. Joey was just getting tired of all that reading he was having to do. We decided to skip Jamestown Settlement which was a recreation of Jamestown because Bob and Joey were under the impression that they had had enough of a history lesson for one day. But I am really glad that I finally made the trip.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

nitwhitz said...

Oh my goodness...no one's gonna look at your legs when you're wearing Paris Hilton's sunglasses! I zoomed straight in on the eyes...not the thighs! :)
Laurie (yet again)

PS -- for someone who has NO time to set-up a blog, I've sure managed to take plenty of time out of my day to blog on YOUR blog. Oh brother...THIS IS WHY I DON'T BLOG!!!! Now, there's nothing cooked for dinner!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.