Wednesday, July 23, 2008

There is a Slight Chance I Might be Going to Hell

I wish I had thought of this title. I saw it when I was at Sams a few weeks ago while perusing the books. I did not buy the book yet but the title intrigues me. Just a few moments after seeing the title I saw Joey trying to take a ride on an electric wheelchair at the store. "Get off of that right now!" I yelled. "Megan used to do it," replied Joey. "Well, there is a slight chance Megan might be going to Hell," I said. Took the wind right out of his sails. What could he do but say there was no way his sister was going to hell. I did not say she was definitely going, just that there was a slight possibility she might be going.

You see, my kids have always tried to justify their bad behavior by saying, "You do it too, Mom," or "Dad does the same thing." Now I have the perfect come back. I suppose we could all try to be perfect examples, but Bob and I seem to be incapable of perfection, especially when our kids approach or are fully entrenched in teenage hood.

I think it is funny that Joey has now put our oldest daughter Megan on his justification list. This must mean that Saint Megan is an adult now. You go girl! Megan was guilty of using the electric wheelchairs at Walmart late at night when she was a junior or senior in high school. This may be the worst thing she has ever done in her life. Joey never saw her crime first hand but I guess he heard her freinds laughing about it. That was five or six years ago. So there you go, Megan is not so perfect either.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Thanks for sharing this great line. I was even able to use it the day after you told me about it. This will help me with all of those "how do I respond to that?" situations.

Megan said...

I guess I should not mention to Joey how I would not only use the wheelchairs at Walmart, but I would also get on the intercom and say somewhat inappropriate or rude things. I guess that brings me one step closer to hell.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.