Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Serenndipity at Target

Today I went to Target as I have decided to do every morning at 8 AM until I get Wii Fit. No Wii fit, but I noticed that patio furniture and decor had just gone on 75% off clearance. I have a couple of friends whose daughters are getting married soon so I picked up some unique things. I did get a gong. I know when I give Lindsey the gong she is going to say, "Sister Muir gave me a gong!" I just do not know what kind of inflection she will have in her voice. Actually, I got a gong for myself last year and I was really happy about it. It sits on my entry way table. I took it to a teacher appreciation luncheon as a decoration and it was a hit so I can't imagine why any new bride would not be thrilled to have a gong.

Another great find was a weather vane topped with a rooster. Who does not need a weather vane? Well, this might be a harder sell. I have never owned a weather vane and have managed to watch the news everyday to see the weather report.

I also got some new furniture for the front porch. I got the Sean Conway balcony table and two swivel rockers. They look really nice.

The morning at 4 different Targets was really a double serendipity. Joe found a pair of cammo Converse shoes on clearance and in his size. I am making him save them for the first day of school despite Joe's most ardent protest. Its summer in Texas. Sandals and crocs are all that's necessary, except for church.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Now I know why Megan went to Target and bought a big metal fish. Next time you make a suggestion to her to check out a great sale at Target, think about Chris trying to figure out how to fit it in one of his two suitcases.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.