Friday, February 19, 2010

Don't You Just Love Boys?

I admit that in the past I was a little dissapointed when the sonogram tech annouced to me that the baby I was growing was a boy.  It's not that I didn't love boys.  It was just that I really liked girls clothes, and pink is my favorite color, and I had 4 boys in a row.  So when Megan told me she was expecting I had to develop a plan so that I could be happy no matter the results of the sonogram.  After all, what I really desire for my daughter and her family is a healthy baby.

In preparation for the sonogram Megan had to drink a bunch of water and I had to go shopping for boys clothes and toys.  I even bought a baby boy's Christmas ornament set.  When Chris texted me from the Doctor's office to let me know that their baby will be a boy, I was elated.  I already have a little layette set, a rockin' cool airplane ride-on toy, and an adorable ornament set, all waiting for Beatty Jr.  I am so happy!  My strategy worked.  We are looking forward to the most wonderful little boy this world has known.  After all, look at his parents.  They are smart, good looking, responsible, and fun. 

Megan has been doing pretty well.  She hasn't been sick.  Her due date is July 1.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I am so happy for Megan! They are starting to make some really cute boy clothes too!

Fisher Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS to Megan and to you! That is so exciting. You will love being a grandma! Boys are a lot of fun!

Chris said...

I'm interested to see this plane set you bought for the baby. I, of course, would have no interest in such a thing . . .

Debbie said...

It is so exciting that they are having their first child and even more exciting that Megan's pregnancy is going well! I am sure their baby will be quite stylish and have some great toys because you and Megan are such great shoppers.

Melanie said...

Yay! Congratulations!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.