Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weighing in On Women's Downhill, Super-G

I love watching the winter olympics when they aren't figure skating.  My favorite events to watch are the Women's Downhill and the Women's Super-G.  Sure, the races are exciting to watch and fast-paced.  But my favorite part is right before the race starts when the name, the height, and the weight of each competitor is posted.  Has anyone else noticed that these women are not emaciated runway models?  Lindsey Vonn weighs 165.  Back in 1998 Picabu Street weighed 157.  Unlike the skaters, I bet these women can enjoy a plate of pasta.  I imagine they eat bread and occasionally have dessert.  I just want to cheer strong, healthy, beautiful skiers.  The wind isn't going to blow them off the slopes.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

The downhill skiing is my favorite part too. When I watched the "Women's skeleton" the other night, I thought the same thing-- these are women who have realistic body weights!

Megan said...

I wonder if they give their true body weights or if they do the "5 pound fudge" that I always do. I am glad I do not have to have my weight on national TV.

Fisher Family said...

It is nice to see women with real bodies. I still like watching the figure skating though.

Melanie said...

Amen!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.