Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Deep Inside the Ford Museum

While in Michigan we took another peak inside the Ford Museum.  Because it was winter we spent our entire time inside the Museum instead of the village.









I found a car that matched my coat!





Bob thought this little car would be fun to drive.



Joe picked this car as his favorite.



We found one of the earliest Harleys.


This is a replica of the coats that Captain Byrd wore while exploring the South Pole.  It weighed about 50 pounds.  Joe wanted to try it on too.


Cute Mittens!



The Ford Museum theme is all about American innovation and engineering. Joe was able to power up a bunch of lights by turning a crank.  I have heard about connecting a generator to a bicycle then hooking the generator to a tv.  Of course, the Muir's havn't incorporated this into our home yet.  Can you peddle a bike from a reclining position?



Poor Chris had to work while we headed to Dearborn.  It was really fun to spend extra time with Megan.



Joe was so tired he fell asleep on the way back. Megan covered him up with her cute pink coat and took his picture.  Aren't big sisters great?  It was a fun little trip up north.  We were glad to get back home to Texas where we were under the impression that it rarely snows.


3 comments:

Megan said...

I am so happy that I finally got a picture with Joey wearing the pink coat. I always wanted a sister to dress up, but Joe has always refused to wear pink.

Deanna said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Fisher Family said...

Looks like a great trip! Congrats to Megan on her Masters degree!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.