Thursday, December 3, 2009

Love of Country

I have been doing some family history research lately and have traced another line back to the 1640's.  Don't you love it when you can find Quakers in your background?  They kept such good records.  And they came to America a long time ago!

This is the second line I have traced back that far.  The other line I can trace back to the Puritans.

And, of course, there is the line that holds my Native American Heritage.

These ancestors settled the New Land.  They fought in the Revolutionary War, The War of 1812, The Civil War, World War 1, World War 2, The Korean Conflict, The Vietnam War, and Jeff did his part in the Persian Gulf to support the war in Iraq.  They were on the front lines any time any new territory opened up.

I know that people whose ancestors have not been here forever love America too, but I can really feel it in my bones, as if it is part of my DNA.  Me and America, we have history.


   

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I am also proud to say that my ancestors have been here for so long. Not all of them were able to read or write, but they did their part as American citizens.

Fisher Family said...

Family history research can be addicting! Congratulations on your research. You have found lines that go way back!

Bonnie said...

What is pretty amazing is that more of our ancestors were literate and religious than we initially thought. Surprising correlation: literacy and Religiousity.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.