Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Don We Now Our Gay Apparel

Last year during the Christmas season Megan, my daughter, posted pictures on her blog of a party she had with her friends.  They all went to Good Will or Salvation Army Thrift Stores and bought the most obnoxious Christmas sweaters they could find and took pictures of each other and posted them on her blog. 


This was the best they could do at Good Will.  Evidently, this is the new Christmas party theme for young adults.  There had been a run on Christmas sweaters at all of the thrift stores in Ann Arbor during December of 2008.  I have heard that Chris found something "new" at a thrift store this summer and paid a whole dollar for it.  I can't wait to see the 2009 Beatty Christmas picture.

As I was getting ready to go to the PTA Board Holiday party today I found my Christmas sweater and almost put it on until I remembered that they are out of style and a source of mocking by the twenty-something crowd.



Imagine that!  What could be more festive than faux snow around the collar and twin santas with fuzzy beards carrying trees with ornaments and presents flying in the air?  Perhaps, if your kids are really nice to me, they can borrow my sweater for their own Christmas Sweater Party.  I think this sweater may be as valuable as a baby blue polyester tux someday. 

 I decided to go a lot more subtle in my celebration attire.  I wore my white mock turtle neck which discreetly says JOY and a red jacket.  I looked Chritsmasy but not over-the-top.



So when I was at the Christmas party today I looked around to see who might still be wearing one of those ridiculous sweaters.  I was going to take a pictures and post them on my blog.  Not one person was so attired.  I wonder how many people were secretly laughing at me and taking my picture and putting it on their blogs last year.  I probably was the only one still wearing that kind of sweater and I just didn't notice that they had gone the way of the dinosaur.  I am so grateful that I have children.

6 comments:

Fisher Family said...

I must confess I like your Christmas sweater and feel sad that they are not the thing to wear anymore. I have a closet full of them. When Alyse has an ugly Christmas sweater party to go to she raids my closet and has several choices. The hard thing is deciding which one is the ugliest!

Megan said...

I am so jealous that you have such a great ugly Christmas sweater. You must have a good eye for them. Next time you find one that fluffy, you should get if for me to wear to an ugly Christmas sweater party.

Bonnie said...

Is there any way we can retitle the party to just a Christmas Sweater Party? Ugly sounds so judgmental.

Deanna said...

Your sweater wins! The fringe is hilarious.
Maybe the contest should be called the most "hideous" sweater contest.

Chris said...

How can you say Bonnie's sweater wins when my 2009 submission has not been posted yet.

Anonymous said...

air jordan shoes
air max
air jordan 23
air jordan 1
Nike Shox
Shox Belial
Shox Lover
Shox Monster
Shox NZ
Shox OZ
Shox R2
Shox R3
Shox R4
Shox R5
Shox TL
Shox Torch
Shox TZ

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.