Thursday, December 31, 2009

Obnoxious Navy Fans at the Texas Bowl


One of the really fun gifts Joe got for Christmas this year was a sack full of noise-making Navy Spirit wear from Bill the goat.  I have to admit that the cowbell is the loudest, most obnoxious tool in the chest.  I also really like it because I was not hoarse from yelling after the game because anytime I felt like yelling, I just clanked that cowbell long and loud.  A few people sitting near us moved to another section.  I think it was because they really don't like the Navy.  One man came up to me and asked if Bob was a former player, or if we had a son playing.  The implied question was, "Why are you guys so loud?"    



Before the game we went to the Alumni sponsored Brigade tailgate party.  Everyone filled up on brisket, smoked sausage, honey bbqued chicken, apple chipotle potato salad, cookies, brownies and soda.  This sure beats filling up on expensive, heartburn-inducing stadium food.  We were really glad that Jeff could meet us for the game. 



We found some removable Go Navy tatooes for Joe's Under-eyes.




John sat with the other Midshipmen while we took our loftier seats.  It was a really fun game, mainly because Navy won.



When we got back to the hotel after the game I saw a table of Missou fans lamenting the day's loss.  I had to start the conversation about how when Missou made the first touchdown in the first 23 seconds that I thought it would be a long game.  They brought up the point that their team seemed to go home after the first minute of play.  Then they brought out the point that they had a hard time coming up with insulting things to say about the USNA.  They couldn't even think of any good jokes about the navy.  I thanked them for being so patriotic to let Navy win.  I didn't bring up the point that they could look on youtube for Anti-Navy spirit spots put out by Army and Airforce who don't worry that they are being un-American for trying to defeat Navy.

Go Navy-Beat Army! 

4 comments:

Megan said...

I guess that no one told the annoyed fans that cow bells are an acceptable form of communication in Texas.

Deanna said...

I think I heard a cow bell on tv while watching the game. I know I saw John!

Fisher Family said...

If a cow bell can save your voice I'm all for it! Congrats to Navy on their win.

:: said...

Hello, pretty blog you have :) Happy new year!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.