Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Human Growth And Development Movie

Last night during family prayer Joey started to get some sort of stomach bug. He didn't throw up but had some other gastro-intestinal issues. I knew something was going around so I told him that he probably wouldn't be going to school in the morning. "But Mom, we are going to see the Movie tomorrow. I have to go to school." He woke up at about 2 AM with a pretty high fever. I didn't bother waking him up for school because I thought he should just sleep so that he could feel better. He woke up at 7:30 AM. He was still feverish. "I have to go to school today, Mom. They are showing the development movie!" I relented. I expected to get a call from the school saying Joe had thrown up.  I knew they wouldn't show the movie until the afternoon. I didn't get a phone call, so Joe stayed there the whole day. He said he had a big headache but he just kept that to himself. I think he heard a rumor that he was going to get to see the girl's movie as well as the boy's movie. This didn't happen. He was okay with just seeing the boy's movie. He got a bag with a trial size deodorant stick. I asked him about the question/answer period and he said it was pretty uneventful except for one question a boy asked about popular boys in elementary school being unpopular in high school.

The most eventful question/answer series came when John was in fourth grade. The boys were allowed to write their questions on a piece of paper collected by the school nurse. They were told to ask anything they wanted and that there should be no question they should be embarrassed to ask because other boys might want to know the same thing. Sean, John's best friend at the time wrote the following question, "Will you take off your shirt and show us your boobs?" The promise was not kept! Evidently there was a question that could not be asked. The teacher recognized Sean's handwriting and he was in big trouble. I can't remember what his consequences were but they were pretty big. It's been 10 years and no one has dared ask a question as bold or dramatic as Sean. Sean is legend!

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Joe is growing up! I remember being one of the teachers in charge of the boys presentation. I basically told them that if they wanted to go far in life they would need to wear deodorant. I think it is probably the best advise for boys that age.

Megan said...

I also remember looking forward to THE movie. It was always less eventful than I thought that it should be.

Fisher Family said...

It seems all kids really look forward to that movie and are excited about it. I don't think any of their expectiations are ever met. We've been out of town so its been fun to catch up on your blog.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.