Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday

Good Friday! For the Muir family it was a good Friday. No one was hurt and no one in our family died today. With Max Skembo in the hospital fighting for his life, with Dorian Carter's funeral in the works, and with Donald Stegman in the hospital recovering from the tollway head-on collision, my memory has gone back to the time when Matthew was in the hospital and we were in such turmoil. I remember thinking at that time about how light and easy the time seemed before the accident. Whenever I feel that feeling of lightness I am grateful. I recognize it and it feels so good. It is the feeling you feel when life is normal.

My heart can go out to my friends. I can pray for them. I can put a name in at the temple. I can make a plate of sandwiches and deliver them to a family who is really not hungry. I know to make the sandwiches small so that they can eat a little something without feeling an obligation to a big meal. But I know how heavy their hearts are. I can put the heaviness of heart aside for several hours and go about my daily business. When you are in the middle of a family crisis there is no putting the burden down until the crises is resolved and routine is again established.

Joe had the day off from school so we took one of his friends with us to Valley View Mall to see the new Hannah Montana movie. Joe may be one of the only 5th grade boys who really likes Hannah, High School Musical, and Camp Rock. So will every one please just keep this from getting out to the general population at his school, especially to all of his football and soccer buddies? I highly recommend this movie to the 12 and under crowd and anyone who gets to take them. If you are nominated to do this duty be prepared to participate in some fun music. At a couple points of the movie I thought I must have ESP because I knew exactly what was going to happen. I whispered my predictions to Joe and Sophie. Joe was annoyed that I was interrupting the artistic quality of this fine film, but Sophie thought my predictions had merit and she agreed with me. You know what, I was right both times! I am excited about learning the Hoe Down Throw Down so that I can have an in with the popular kids among the elementary set.

Like I said, I appreciate the normal, non eventful days so much now that I know the difference.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow, I can just buy Joey that Hannah Montana shower curtain that is now on clearance at Target for his birthday. He does put on a pretty good act that he hates Hannah.

Deanna said...

I can always burn few Hannah Montana CDs for Joe's birthday. I have quite a collection from school. Remind when you guys come here again, and I will bring home Hannah Montana on karaoke.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.