Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Alta on Saint Patrick's Day



Joe is getting better and better at skiing. He even attempted a black run yesterday. I told him to wait until I skied down the blue run and I would take a video of him from the bottom as he went down. When I got down to the bottom he was sliding down the mountain on his stomach. At least he attempted a black run.

 


Look at all of that healthy food for lunch! The weather has been great.


 


John and Joe are pretty happy after enjoying lunch at the Gold Miner's Daughter Lodge picnic area. This was our meeting spot. In case anyone gets lost, meet at the Gold Miner's Daughter.

 


John and Joe look so happy in this picture but on the last run down the mountain John decided to challenge Joe to do a black run. When Joe refused, John used the techniques he has learned at the USNA of intimidation and humiliation. The result was a complete meltdown on the mountain. Joe was in tears and John eventually skied off by himself yelling something about a fag gay baby boy. Yes, If you were at Alta yesterday you got to witness on of the Muir family's finest moments.

 
Posted by Picasa


The only problem with Bob and me is that we wear out pretty quickly. We thought the lifts closed at 4:00 but, lucky us, we found out the lifts closed at 4:30. That would have been good news 20 years ago. This allowed us to do two more runs! I have been trying to work on my parallel skiing but on those last runs I just felt lucky to keep my balance. I couldn't concentrate on balance and keeping my skis together. Maybe an ace bandage around my knees could keep me from making pizza when I am tired.

I have figured out how to prevent some of the exhaustion sickness I usually experience when I come down from the mountain. I take off my ski gear and immediately dope up with a massive dose of ibuprofen.

When we got back to Deanna's house we had a wonderful treat of corned beef and cabbage with several green side dishes. For dessert we had lime Popsicles. The leprechauns came and delivered toys and presents for all of the good little Irish children at the house. We got to see Kate and Eric and Taylor and Rachael.

2 comments:

Fisher Family said...

It really looks beautiful up there! Sounds like you had a great St. Patricks day! Good skiing and good food!

Deanna said...

I can't wait to ski with you on Thursday!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.