Monday, March 16, 2009

Fart-Licks


When Bob was in junior high his PE coach had a motivational game to inspire the boys to run faster. They would all start out the lap at the same time and when they got to the starting point they would get to wait around until the last kid crossed the line, then they all had to start racing again. The last kid was called the Fart-licker. The incentive was to run fast and rest. The slow kid never got to rest.

This kind of describes our day of skiing. Fortunately, Joe was usually slower than me so I got a few minutes of precious rest while waiting for him to get down the mountain. I am pretty sure his skiing ability will pass me by in a day or two and I will be the slow kid who never gets to rest. We went to Brighton and it was a great day! I love spring skiing when the sun is shining. I feel really lucky. It seems that for the last few years we always hit stormy, snowy, cold weather on the slopes.

Deanna drove out and had lunch with us at the lodge.

I am not sure where we are going to ski tomorrow. I hope we can get a hold of the Fisher family so that we can drop by and see them on our way down.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

I remember skiing down to where everyone was waiting, thinking I would get a rest, and then everyone would take off. The fart-lick method does inspire you to ski faster.

Fisher Family said...

Sounds like you had a great day skiing! We would love to see you! Alyse's only day off is Thursday and Annie is home from school by 2:30pm.

Megan said...

Your picture looks like it was a great skiing day! I wish I were there.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.