Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Have Never Ever Kissed An American



One week ago, on St. Patrick's Day we joined in a game of Never Ever. For those Lost fans, this is the drinking game Kate played with Sawyer while camping in the jungle. The person who is up says I have never, ever_______________. Fill in the blank with what you think is something everyone else has done that you have never done. Since we are a rare, non-drinking Irish clan we played with pennies instead of a bottle of whiskey. It helps to be young, or really different, or else you lose all of your pennies pretty fast.

Sarah D., The Italian foreign exchange student living with my sister had two really good ones. The first was, "I have never ever been skiing." Everyone playing the game had to give her a penny. We were in Utah, for crying out loud. We were there on a ski vacation. Her next turn was even better, "I have never ever kissed an American." That was another big ka-ching for her bank account. Even Joey has kissed his American mother. I went broke early. Joe did pretty well. Bob prompted him to say things like, "I have never, ever been to 6th grade." Who says the littlest guy doesn't have the advantage?

Fast forward two days. On Thursday Deanna and her family went skiing with us. The group included Sarah D., who can no longer claim to be a non-skier. On the last run of the day we headed to the Great Western Lift. Joe Caringella wanted to ride the lift with me because I have gummy bears which I give out to those who ride the lift with me. Bob gives chocolate covered raisins. We know how to get people to like us. Sarah D. and John took the chair behind us. I looked back to take a picture and noticed Sarah snuggled up next to John who had his arm around her. What the heck were those two up to?

Fortunately, in a family such as ours no one can keep his or her lips locked very long with out details coming out. We now know what the heck was going on back there. According to a compilation of comments from Sarah C., Joe C., and Deanna the conversation went something like this, "So, Sarah, You went skiing today and that takes care of one of your never, evers. Let me help you take care of that problem of having never kissed and American. Smack". Smooth Operator!

7 comments:

Deanna said...

John is a pretty clever and romantic guy, and Sarah D. is such wonderful and beautiful girl, and I don't think that she told too many people. I think that Joe C. was the main blabber here. From the talk around the dinner table, Joe quizzed John as soon as John and Sarah D. got off the lift. Could it be that John had this planned for a few days?

Melanie said...

That's pretty funny. Totally smooth.

Chris said...

Jon called me in a pinch and I told him the line to use. It was my original work. As for blabbing, Bonnie, you just told the whole world. You have taken tattling to a whole new level.

Bonnie said...

True, Chris. I did tell the whole world, but wasn't it a cute, romantic story? I admit I am part of the loose lipped Muir/ Caringella clan. Hey, was that a double entendre or what?

Deanna said...

This is Sarah D. ... a dire la verita', parlando di altre cose che non ho mai, mai fatto, non sono mai stata la protagonista di una love story su un blog...soprattutto il blog di una signora americana...mi ha fatto un po' ridere, ma spero veramente che non tante persone lo leggano..soprattutto i miei :)...spero che tu riesca a capire questo messagio!! :)

Oh I forgot...
you've never ever spoken italian!!! :)

Fisher Family said...

What I'm wondering is if Sarah D. planned it all along when she first said she'd never be kissed by an American.

Debbie P. said...

Bonnie,
Wow - we will have lots to talk about if/when we walk/jog again soon. Great photos and beautiful mountains. I look forward to hearing more....

Debbie P.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.