Friday, March 20, 2009

Black and Blue At Brighton

On Thursday we went to Brighton with Deanna, Joe and the Italian foreign exchange student who is living with them for the year, Sarah D.

 


Sarah had never been skiing even though she lives in Northern Italy, not more than 20 minutes from a ski resort. We gave her some lessons on making pizza and french fries on the bunny hill then we took her up the Majestic Lift which has a lot of green runs going down. I caught this picture of Deanna and Sarah on the lift.




Unfortunately, Sarah spent a lot of time recovering from falls. Fortunately, she wasn't going very fast when she found the trees. She was a quick learner! I think I spent ten years learning what she learned on the first day!




We took an all girl picture at the top of Snake Creek. Bonnie, Deanna, and Sarah.



This is a picture of Bob, Joe Muir, Joe C., Sarah D., and John at the top of the Snake Creek Lift. Joe C had not been skiing for a few years but he is a really good skater so he has some good athletic skills. He and Joe M. encouraged each other to go down hard runs accompanied by John. They were doing black runs by the end of the day.








Lunch at the picnic pavilion. Am I detecting a theme of who is sitting by whom at lunch?


 


Sorry about the quality of this picture. It is everyone in the party altogether.


 
Posted by Picasa


Deanna and I have sick little twisted ritual when we take a new skier up the Snake Creek Lift. As we pass over the rock in the background of this picture on Doyle's Dive we point out the obstacle to new skier and warn them that they need to be careful for unmarked obstacles. The new skier usually freaks out at the thought of this kind of run. Some of Deanna's daughters have cried in terror. We usually wait until we get to the top of the lift to tell them that we can take the green run down. On our third time up this lift Sarah got ahead of me on the way down. and took a wrong turn and we actually ended up going down Doyle's Dive, a really difficult black run. I had to have Sarah take a picture of me standing by this rock to prove that we were really there.



We stopped at the Fisher's home on our way down. They live close to the 7-11 at the base of Big Cottonwood Canyon. What a cute picture of Joe, John, Alyse, and Annie.

We went to Cafe Rio for dinner. What a great day!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

We had so much fun! I wish that I could have gone with you guys more. Maybe next year.

Fisher Family said...

Another fun day! Good to see you all! Hope you enjoyed Cafe Rio!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.