Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Togetherness at Solitude



Today we went to Solitude and had a really good day. The sun was shining. The lift lines were short. Perfection! John gets a little tired of spending his time skiing slowly and skiing down blue runs, so he went off to do the hard stuff. Solitude is small enough that we could cross paths once in a while.





I included two similar pictures just to show the back ground. This is at the top of the Summit lift.




Getting on a lift with Joe is often a hazard. I sent Joe up with Bob because there is less of a chance of a tangle when we get off the lift. I took the next chair and took this picture.




It seems like when we go skiing I can always get some good lunch pictures.

 
Posted by Picasa


Joe actually did pretty good at skiing today. He only had one meltdown and that was during the first iteration of Summit. During the second iteration I told Joe that if he threw a screaming fit that Bob and I would just ski down the mountain because we didn't feel in the mood to listen to him screaming and we weren't going to give him an audience. He told me that he could ski down faster than me if we tried to ski away from him and I let him know that he would have to get up off the ground and stop tantruming to catch up. We didn't have anymore trouble out of that kid.

I am doing better at skiing too. I made it down Sunshine Bowl without taking off my skis and walking down the last half. That is a first. I am really working on being more parallel. My main problem is that I feel very little control of my uphill ski and I feel easily unbalanced. When I do a really steep run I often lose my resolve to not make pizza. Also when I get tired at the end of the day I tend to get pretty sloppy in my technique. But I was able to go up to the Summit several times!

Tomorrow we are going to Brighton with Deanna, Joe and Sarah D.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love all of your pictures. It looks like you guys are having a great time! Congrats on the Sunshine bowl.

Fisher Family said...

It looks like another fun day! It was so fun to see you yesterday! Joe has really grown up and John looks great as do you and Bob! Enjoy the rest of your trip.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.