Wednesday, November 24, 2010

All is Safely Gathered In

Today I did a chore that I have been putting off for a month or two.  I cleaned out the garden before the first frost.  It took several hours and I ended up with three small watermelons, a bunch of chives, as much basil as I will use in a week, and grocery bag full of green tomatoes.

I baked pies and prepared all of the side dishes for Thanksgiving that could be prepared in advance last night.

I changed the sheets on the beds for out of town visitors and had Joe clean the bathrooms.

Bob picked John up from the airport.  We are so glad that he is home.  He is enjoying the warm weather but that will change in the morning.

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Fisher Family said...

Enjoy your visit from John and have a happy Thanksgiving. All the veggies from your garden sound great! Loved the pictures from your day at The Hard Rock Cafe in the post below.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.