Friday, November 12, 2010

Twilight Tour of Forks and La Push

Yes, I have read all of the Twilight Books.   But I don't think you could call me a Twi- Hard fan. I haven't seen all of the Twilight movies yet.  And the ones I have seen have been at the Dollar movies or on DVD.  But I have been to the Forks area three times in my life. I had been to Forks before Forks was cool. Forks is the city we go to to restock our camping food supplies in the middle of our trips to Olympic National Park. The good news is that Forks is now alive with action. Every formerly vacant shop is full to the brim with Twilight souvenirs.  Every bait shop is now a marker in the Vampire saga.  We found the Treaty Line on our way to the Mora Campground.  It is at the fork in the road.  One fork goes to Ralto Beach and the campground.  The other fork goes to La Push.  Forks...Go figure.


Our campground was on the side of the line where vampires were prohibited.  This was a such a relief, especially when you only have the soft sides of a tent to keep you safe.  Are you wondering why Bob and Chris are not in the pictures?  Bob is taking the pictures and Chris was rolling his eyes too badly to take a good picture.  Bob tried to console him by telling him that at least Chris wasn't there for the second year in a row.   


At least the Quileutes were welcoming.  I drove into La Push pretty early in the morning so I only saw a few natives driving in their cars to work.  I didn't feel right trying to make them stop so that I could take a picture.

I found Jacob's cabin on the way out to La Push.  It appears that you can rent it out.

This picture isn't terrifically clear but I love it.  I took this picture of the La Push Sea Stacks while standing on Rialto Beach, across the Quileute River.


No trip to Forks is complete without a trip to Bella's alma matter.  Good News!  Forks' revenue has increased so much that they are building a new high school.!   


Vampire Baby.


Joe the vampire sucking Andrew's blood.

I don't think they update their sign regularly.  It was sunny and warm when we were in Forks so I know the vampires had gone to Sitka, Alaska for those bright days.  I know when the threat level should be low.  You would think that the guy who owns the bait shop would know this.  Just sayin'...   

5 comments:

Deanna said...

So did you see Jacob or Edward while you were there? Bella, Alice....anyone?

Megan said...

I love how Joe is in every picture. He is so shameless.

Fisher Family said...

So glad there were no vampires while you were in Forks. It looks like you had fun!

catspajamas said...

Hey, Bonnie, my daughter Jenny and I went there in September for Bella's birthday weekend this year. We had so much fun. We hit all the spots you show and more.

Lindsey said...

This is just hilarious! Love that you went and took so many fun pictures!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.