Sunday, November 28, 2010

Every Last Bit

It is the Sunday night after Thanksgiving and I know that this is the last night I can break out the Thanksgiving leftovers and pass them off as a meal without some really crazy inventive work.  I am talking Turkey enchiladas, Turkey artichoke bake, Turkey tortilla soup...  You get it, lots of cooking is involved to disguise the same old thing.  I bought a small enough turkey that we really don't have that much leftover turkey this year.  I have come up with a muffin recipe to use up what might otherwise be thrown out tonight.  I use up that last bit of sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, and pecan pie.  I could also use up the pumpkin pie but we never have any left. I usually pass the muffins out to a few friends who left town for Thanksgiving and are not burdened with any leftovers.

After Thanksgiving Muffins

1 package of white or yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup melted butter or veg oil
2/3 C water

Mix these together with an electric mixer for a few minutes.
Then mix in the following:  (These amounts are suggestions, use what you have.)

1 1/2 cups leftover mashed sweet potatoes
1 or 2 pieces of pecan pie, chopped up
1/2 to 3/4 C cranberry sauce or cranberry relish

Divide the batter into 18 cupcakes.  Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes in a regular oven or 325 for 28 minutes in a convection oven.

I just ate one and I have to admit it was so deliciously good!  Not that anyone needs any more to eat after Thanksgiving, but if you decide to make these you will not be sorry.

3 comments:

Deanna said...

They look great! I bet they made those who traveled back home very happy.

Megan said...

Sounds yummy. What a great disguise. At least you did not attempt to hide the green bean casserole leftovers in your muffins.

Fisher Family said...

They look so good! Thanks for the recipe

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.