Monday, November 8, 2010

Life of Pi


I recently completed listening to The Life Of Pi on audio-book.  I didn't do any pre-investigation so I had no idea what to expect.  The book has 100 chapters.  I really could not figure out if the book was going to progress for the first 30 chapters.  To me it seemed like a series of unrelated, yet interesting blog posts.  But then the story gets started.  Pi Patel is stranded on a life boat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with a Bengal tiger.  This is where the first 30 seemingly random chapters become meaningful. Pi is a 16 year old boy who is the son of a zoo keeper from India.  The family has sold most of the animals and they are accompanying the animals on a transport cargo ship which sinks.  It is a story of faith and survival.  I absolutely loved it.  And I recommend this book to teens as well as adults. 

What I like about audio-books is that I can get work done while reading. Joe and I listened to several books on our long cross-country adventure.  

3 comments:

Megan said...

I cannot wait to read (or listen) to it.

Deanna said...

Hurry and pick the next book, it is fun to talk about the books we are reading together!

Fisher Family said...

Thanks for the review. It sounds like a good book.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.