Monday, November 15, 2010

Yellowstone

 After we wrapped up our trip to Washington State, Bob went back to Dallas on a plane.  Megan, Chris and Andrew headed down to California, and Joe and I packed up in the car for the drive back to Texas.  With a National Park Pass in my wallet, I just could not pass up a visit to Yellowstone.


We got some bikers to take our picture at this spot and we took a picture of them as a trade.  The bikers kind of reminded me of Jeff.  I had just recently spoken to him and he was telling me how happy he was with his new job and how they were going to work with him so that he could continue school.  I was really happy for him.  I was hopeful that this would work out well for him. 


We met up with my sister Deanna at Yellowstone.  We camped in the Morris Campground.  I never get really into camping at Yellowstone.  There are so many rules that the experience is oppressive.  I know the rules are there to prevent bear-human interactions.  But the rules seem designed to keep the humans so miserable that they won't want to come back. 

The good news is that after almost the whole park burned to the ground in 1988,  the snags (standing burned trees) are starting to fall down.  This makes the regrowth look bigger.  Maybe in another 20 years the snags will turn to mulch and the park won't seem so desolate. 

Joe and Kathleen in front of Old Faithful. 

Deanna, Kathleen, and Joe.




Me and Joe at the Yellowstone River.

Deanna borrowed my glasses to read a guide.  I don't know why she looks so bad in them.  I, of course, look kind of cute in them.  Although, Bob has asked me not to wear them to bed.




We saw several buffalo up close.  Yes, we stayed in our cars.




Old Faithful never disappoints.




While at Yellowstone we went to the Playmill and saw the musical Beauty and the Beast.  We had a wonderful time.  I love the sights of Yellowstone.

4 comments:

Megan said...

No, you never look like that when you wear your BCGs.

Fisher Family said...

You really saw some beautiful places last summer. It all looks like fun!

Deanna said...

Thanks so much for posting such a cute picture of me! That's the last time I pose for a picture in your glasses.

Mama said...

I love yellowstone. Thats where we went for our honeymoon. There is a book of ghost stories and legends about yellowstone, so we decided to try and find a few of the ghosts that live there. No luck.But we did see a baby buffalo being born.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.