Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hitting It Out Of The Park

This year before Halloween I was contemplating the politically themed hot button issue I would use to decorate my porch for for our neighborhood slushee party.  I even asked for suggestions on Facebook.  Bob and I considered running a soup kitchen for the unemployed.  I would ask each child how long it has been since he had a job.  A friend suggested using the illegal immigration issue.  This was tempting.  I would ask the kids to see their legal documentation in order to get a slushee.  But then I thought that might get put on the news.  Not that I mind being on the news, I just did not want to explain to a reporter why I was the witch who wouldn't give Mexican kids slushees on the news.  Not that it wouldn't have been entirely entertaining to a certain portion of the population.  No one can say I never edit myself.

I got the idea for a Rally for the Rangers from one of Joe's friends, Sydney.  Halloween happened during the series.  I let the kids try to bat the ball while waiting for slushees.  We gave away over 400 slushees that night.  And some people say that kids don't trick-or-treat anymore.  My question to those people is this.  Are you giving away Smarties? 

Too bad the Rangers did not feel the power of our rally. 

3 comments:

Megan said...

I can see that Joe really went out on a limb and dressed up for Halloween. That is a cute idea to have the kids try to bat the ball.

Deanna said...

Isn't it funny how we always think... "How will this look on the news?" That does stop us from doing a few things!

Fisher Family said...

You are always so creative! Wow 400 trick or treaters! We usually get 300 to 350 but this year due to the cold rainy weather we only had about 50. What did we do with our left over candy? We ate it. We should have thrown it away.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.