Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Olympic National Park- Part 1 August 2010

We started our trip to the Olympics with a visit to Hurricane Ridge to see the beautiful mountain views.

There were several deer up by the visitor's center.

Joe, me and Bob.


Bob is our chief fire builder.  He grew up in Washington State and as a scout he never had dry wood with which to build fires.  He is pretty amazing in his fire making skills.  We camped at Heart o' the Hill campground.  It is a beautifully picturesque place.  We love to camp here.  It is close to Port Angeles so we could pick up any supplies we might have forgotten.

Bob gave Chris quite a few pointers on fire building.  Chris really appreciated all of the lessons from the expert.  Megan has told Chris about how great her dad is at building fires so many times that he just had to see it for himself. 

Nothing but the best in the Muir camp.  We have this great combination camp stove-oven.  While I appreciate a good fire, I don't like to rely on one to cook the camp food.  Camp food always tastes better than regular food.  I think is because everyone is really hungry because of all of the fresh air.

Our littlest camper did great!

Tender baby!

Hiking around Heart o' the Hills.

The Frito Bandito.

Chris, Megan and Andrew at Rialto Beach.

Joe built a tank with driftwood. 

Chris and Joe went for a swim.  The water was so cold.  I don't get why they would do this.

Bob and me at Rialto Beach with the La Push ocean stacks in the background.

One more picture of Joe playing in that great tank.  When Megan, Jeff and John were little they would build little forts and houses for the dog.  Nothing inspires creativity like tons of driftwood scattered across the beach.


3 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Looks like you had a really great trip!

Deanna said...

I am pretty convinced that I need to go camping there. What a fun way to cool off in the summer!

Anonymous said...

Too bad I wasn't able to be with you guys. I could've hogged Andrew too! I think I may have even built him a little house of his own.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom but the clock is ticking. My husband and I only have one child left at home. I enjoy shopping and finding great bargains.